Ng homes provides around 5,400 homes for rent and a factoring service for over 1,200 owners across Springburn, Balornock, Possilpark and Parkhouse, making a positive difference to the lives of people in North Glasgow
Ng homes engaged the services of TPAS Scotland to provide dedicated support around tenant participation. As an organisation, ng homes have really good community engagement but were struggling getting engagement from their tenants.
TPAS Scotland were asked to provide a range of activities for ng homes to support this activity including;
- Rewrite of their tenant participation strategy
- Summary of the TP strategy for tenants
- Support to create a scrutiny group, which the tenants decided to call the Resident Improvement Group. Leza also supported this group to create their own Code of Conduct and Terms of Reference.
- Set up and support to run a consultation list, focused on tenant engagement. 60 people have offered to be part of this group.
- Delivered a tenant survey post Covid to understand how ng homes tenants were feeling about coming back into the office for visits.
- A series of training workshops to support staff training on tenant engagement.
- Attendance at tenant meetings to discuss airsource heating systems.
Lynne Cooper, Director of Housing at ng homes said, “It’s been great having the support of TPAS Scotland over the last 4 years. One of our main objectives was to set up a resident’s improvement group and review our TP strategy which they helped us achieve. Leza has been a huge support and fitted well into our team”.
Leza Lafferty, Lead Learning and Development officer at TPAS said, “It has been great working with the team at ng homes on the various aspects of tenant engagement. They now have a robust structure in place to enable them to effectively communicate and engage the tenants in discussions that impact their homes.”